OL4 long urls
Chris Bud
2017-11-20 19:33:20 UTC
Does Ol4 have a getmap post feature? Old example here
<http://dev.openlayers.org/examples/wms-long-url.html> does but that was
some time and versions ago. I couldn't find anything mention it recently.
The issue I hit is a header length too long, which I could fix with Apache
but I'd rather use a post request if ol4 supports it...

Thanks,
Chris
Thomas Gratier
2017-11-23 03:17:53 UTC
Hi,

This answer should help
https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/175057/openlayers-3-wms-styling-using-sld-body-and-post-request
Don't ask for support here, please. Nowadays, it's not the "right" place.
If you go to the bottom of http://openlayers.org, you will see Ask a
question <http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/openlayers>

Regards

Thomas Gratier
Basques, Bob (CI-StPaul)
2017-11-27 15:28:59 UTC
Huh?

What’s wrong with asking questions here about supported functions on this list? What is the list for otherwise?

bobb

On Nov 22, 2017, at 9:17 PM, Thomas Gratier <***@gmail.com<mailto:***@gmail.com>> wrote:

Hi,

This answer should help https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/175057/openlayers-3-wms-styling-using-sld-body-and-post-request
Don't ask for support here, please. Nowadays, it's not the "right" place.
If you go to the bottom of http://openlayers.org<http://openlayers.org/>, you will see Ask a question<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/openlayers>

Regards

Thomas Gratier

Does Ol4 have a getmap post feature? Old example here<http://dev.openlayers.org/examples/wms-long-url.html> does but that was some time and versions ago. I couldn't find anything mention it recently. The issue I hit is a header length too long, which I could fix with Apache but I'd rather use a post request if ol4 supports it...

Thanks,
Chris

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
—Aristotle
Bart van den Eijnden
2017-11-27 15:47:51 UTC
Bobb,

this used to be the OpenLayers 2 users list, and basically sitll is.

For OpenLayers 3 and above we only have a google group for development
related questions, user questions are on stackoverflow.

Best regards,

Bart
Post by Basques, Bob (CI-StPaul)
[...]
JavaScript developer | Boundless
***@boundlessgeo.com
Basques, Bob (CI-StPaul)
2017-11-27 16:59:25 UTC
All,

Hmm, that seems confusing . . . especially since this list is entitled “openlayers-users”. It’s also the only “user” list listed in the OSGeo mailman list. Does there need to be an addition to the page for offsite listing maybe?

I would suggest just forwarding and combining this list with the OL3(&4) list.

bobb

- Napoleon Bonaparte
Bart van den Eijnden